My favourite time of year.

New season. 

And even more so - new season at one of my absolute favourite companies - hush.  I've seen most of their A/W favourites as when I went to Port Elliot I did a talk on transitional fashion in conjunction with them, picking my favourite pieces from their new collection.. 

Therefore I've had a lot of opportunity to try on, touch feel and lust over the A/W lines.  I have to say, collating it down into couple of items isn't easy as there is just so much - ie most of it - that I would happily wear.  

So today, it's a Focus on new season from hush.  But with a special treat.  10% off using the code KAT10.  This is valid from now until midnight on Sunday 21st.  Please note this is not to be shared, it is exclusive use for readers of this blog.

Where to start?  Well, it would be rude not to include the jacket that I have literally lived in since I got it last year.  And there is every reason to buy this now.  A) 10% off and b) they sell out.  

Only decision you have to make is grey or black.... I know I wax lyrical about this constantly but merely because it is just the most perfect biker jacket that I've ever tried on.  The leather is like butter, the fit is that perfect compromise between androgynous and feminine.

Onyx Leather Jacket £280



Or the grey - which, to be honest, is very much a blue grey.  Anthracite even?  Definitely a steel hint to it.  Gorgeous.  Maybe I could justify this as well....



I am ridiculously tempted to get the grey but it is very similar to the black and not even I'm sure I can justify both... but fear not, the other option for Winter is the Martina Jacket. 

This is completely gorgeous and the photos simply do not do it justice.  The ideal jacket for over leather bottoms.  Perfect for longline jumper dresses and leather leggings.  Not to mention leather culottes which can't be worn with a leather jacket. 

Martina Jacket £250 Definitely worth buying with the 10% off. 




Speaking of black jackets - the other that I wear all year round (from literally camping to out to dinner and everything in between) is the black jacket.  Simple and perfect.  There's nothing else to say about it.  Yes I've brought it with me this week for Ireland, merely as I take it everywhere (did I mention camping?!) 

Black Jacket £70



The other thing that I wore when I was camping (well, for one evening anyway when I pinched it off the Sample Rail and yes, I did return it), was the Claudia dress.  Perfection for late Summer with sneakers or sandals.  With a biker and opaques into the Winter months.  Now be warned... this is long.  But that's nothing that heels or a bit of hemming couldn't fix.  I'm long in the leg and short in the body (ie normal...) and this is so unbelievably flattering.

Claudia Dress £99






Inspiration now for the cooler months and the only reason I'm including these now is that they will sell out.  And they're also worth buying with the 10% off. 

These look amazing teamed with the leather leggings but I am all over them with the wide legged trousers too.  Just a decision to make weather you go grey or black?  Of course they will also work perfectly as a dress with opaques.  Super versatile.

Cashmere Roll Neck in Black £220



And in the grey (with the leather leggings!)



So I clearly can't go on any longer without mentioning the leather leggings.  The most amazing pair you will find.  As good as the Joseph ones which are double the amount.  I have the black and the burgundy from last year and they have been worn and worn and worn.  They don't bag anywhere, they are perfect for every occasion.  

Leather Leggings in black £330



And the new colour for this season - the grey.   It's definitely a blueish grey isn't it?



Whilst we're on the subject of bottoms - one other item in particular I need to mention (bar the harem pants which I live in) is a new in skirt.  

The pictures do not do this justice.  A skirt for all occasions. If you only buy one skirt this season, make it this one.  Yes I love all things midi so obviously I am going to say that, but there aren't many skirts that you can wear with a sweatshirt and sneakers for bombing around on a Saturday.  Or with a blouse and heels for the evening.  And a polo neck and ankle boots for all inbetween occasions.  I can guarantee you this will sell out quickly, so I'd get in there early if I was you. 

Knitted Pleat Skirt £120



And of course, jumpers to go with aforementioned skirt (or culottes, or boyfriend jeans or any other form of skirt).  Firstly an amazing piece of knitwear that also doubles as a layering top 

Katie Crew Jumper in burgundy £65  This is a very fine knit.  Exceptionally fine.  I also think it's much more fitted that it looks in this pic.



And in the charcoal.  I couldn't decide which colour is better, I'd say you need both.  Exactly how perfect with a pencil skirt?  And you see what I mean by fitted?  It's not clingy but it's not a baggy jumper.



And then my ultimate favourite in jumpers - a good old logo one.

Etoile Jumper £79





Although I have to say, I think for me, it's the black that edges it. 

Love jumper £79



This for me is an outfit you will absolutely be seeing me in.  With the pleat skirt above.  See how fabulous it is?  The pleat skirt has an elasticated waist which would normally have me running for the hills as waists like this usually disappear into my prosecco tyre.  However this is a thick band, so it's much more supportive and flattering.  Trust me...


Finally good old footwear and what was I saying the other day about needing a pair of burgundy sneakers?  Call off the dogs.  

Kat trainers in Burgundy £129


And here I am in my much worn leather jacket which has proven more useful than I ever thought possible. 




1970 jumper - Bella Freud
Boyfriend jeans - Current/Elliott
Onyx leather jacket - hush
Copeland sneakers - Air & Grace
Grab bag - Gucci 

So last night we went to Bingo again.  Full on huge extended family affair.  Was all rather marvellous, I may be officially addicted....  Today I'm off to Kildare Village with the 11yr old for a girl's trip.  Could not be more excited.... Bring on the shopping.

In the meantime, happy browsing on hush and please please do let me know what your favourite items are.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

52 comentarios:

  1. Love the maxi dress... Im so very tempted! and the Love the 'Love' Jumper.
    Prosecco tyre made me chuckle - I have one (OR RATHER A COUPLE ) of those too:)
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mins is now also accompanied by "fry" tyre too (Irish breakfast... *weeps*!)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kat, Have you tried the Baukjen leather jacket out of interest? I have my eye on it but it's more expensive than the Hush one so wondered how they compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah now I haven't. Although I will say I do love the navy.....

      Delete
    2. Yes, colour is gorgeous. I might go for it anyway, particularly with the 20% off code....

      Delete
    3. Do let me know what it's like. I've got a meeting with them in a couple of weeks so I can look through the collection so won't be able to see it till then!

      Delete
  3. Last year I accidentally shrank my favourite Hush Adele jumper and was heartbroken that they had sold out so I couldn't replace it. I kept my fingers crossed that they would return this season and they have! I couldn't decide between the two colours so I bought them both with your discount code. You are my enabler....thank you.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my two Adele jumpers from last year. I also shrunk the first charcoal one, inadvertently put it in a cold wash by mistake instead of hand-washing it. I still replaced it though and wore the blue and the grey all winter long. Am tempted by the burgundy except I already have two other jumpers in burgundy...

      Delete
    2. LOVE my Adele jumper in charcoal worn back to front! AMazing over the leggings x

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this discount could not have come at a better time - thank you!!!

    I am giving myself an early birthday present of the leather jacket and hoping I love it as much as I think I will. I regretted not getting it last year.

    Not sure about the pleated skirt, it sounds good in theory, must see what I have that will go with it, I take it thin knit jumpers are the way to go?

    The long dress is fab and so 'me' apart from the NSFW thigh slit (I work in a school!) - might get it and try it on anyway.

    Hope you are enjoying Ireland, the rain finally hit Dublin today. Sob. It was my first day wearing long sleeves all summer and it felt so claustrophobic. At least nice new clothes will make autumn easier to manage LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather wasn't the best yesterday when we wen to Kildare but it definitely could have been worse. I am not going to lie though - I'm so looking forward to warmer weather at home! I don't mind this weather at Easter or even May but I have to say I simply cannot handle it in the Summer!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kat, I'm laughing so much at your MIL and her 'sweltering' in 22 degrees! So Irish!! (I am Irish so can legitimately say that!). Did she find it too hot for tea? Doubt it. Well the heatwave has ended here in Dublin. The rain is pouring down though it's very humid/muggy.
    Now, I'm DEFINITELY treating myself to a Hush leather jacket this year. I have to admit though to struggling with their sizing recently. I'm an XS in Harems, Monaco, Amie etc. A "S" in raglan tops, tees and dresses but had to return triangle top, nougat top and a few other things as "S" was teeny weeny. Would have needed a "L" for sure so where does that leave the Onyx??? I'm a fairly consistent 10 - narrow shoulders but broad back. May I ask what size you'd recommend? I'd rather it fitted on shoulders even if I can't close it iykwim? Dying to hear how you get on in Kildare Village. Their Kooples is great. Stay well. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she may well have mentioned "it's even too hot for tea..."...!!! We're all good though now - it's absolutely bloody hideous now and she's much happier...

      Right - I would say try a 10 though OR you could even try the 8.... If you want it fitted, then go for the 8 actually. The 10 fits me as you can see but isn't snug snug and i can do it up easily and I'm 5ft10 with a broad back. I'd say thinking aloud, the 8.

      Kildare Village was great, I can't believe I forgot to go into The Kooples although I never have any luck there in Bicester. Booooo. Have to say my favourite shop there is probably Gerard Darel! LOVE it. Classic French with a twist. Ridiculously pleased with my purchase, which I am going to wear today!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the discount code Kat, have just purchased the grey metallic stripe tee which I love and the Simone star skirt! All that after spending far too much in the Hush sale and convincing myself I would have a hush break for a while! AW looks gorgeous, some lovely things, also as an animal lover really pleased to see no real fur again. Website is a bit hit and miss still, suspect there may be more to come. Pleasingly, Hush seem to have really upped their game with returns, a couple of days turn around for refund confirmations as opposed to their very slow indeed previous form, so well done them. I too love my Adele jumper in blue iris from last winter, can't wait to get it out again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to add I too have my eye on the Claudia dress and the Alyssa (may have spelt that wrong shirt) blouse! Really glad I got the Vivienne shirt in navy star in the sale as its perfect for Autumn and similar to the Rita! Sorry for the ramblings! X

      Delete
    2. Isn't it all gorgeous. The star shirt in black is also gorgeous - haven't got round to mentioning the boots or the scarves... So much loveliness!

      Delete
  7. Some lovely things there, I'm spoiled for choice...
    Although I have to say if my name was Kat, those sneakers (also named Kat) would definitely be on my feet! ☺
    Danish Pastry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the discount code, Kat - I'd already placed an order last night, but your blog post and the 10% off tempted me into trying a couple of extra items! I've gone for the Claudia maxi dress, Winona cropped trousers (can only justify these if they they look different enough to a Me+Em pair I already have) and Rita shirt, and then two skirts to choose between: the Marina skirt and the knitted pleat skirt. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll find them v different from Me+Em. The Winonas are a straight crop where, in my experience, all the Me+Em ones are either a slim crop or a very wide leg - if that makes sense at all?!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the discount code (although my bank balance isn't as thankful), have gone for the Claudia dress, wool pleated skirt, colour block jumper in the blue, love jumper and chucked in another pair of boyfriend jeans as I live in mine. Can't wait for the delivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the boyfriend jeans are gorgeous aren't they?

      Delete
  10. THEY NAMED THE TRAINERS AFTER YOU????? You've made it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks gorgeous! What is the sizing like on the black jacket? I have a couple of Zara basic jackets in xs. They are quite fitted across the shoulders. Im in Australia so am a bit at sea size wise!
    You have to get the Kat shoes, surely!!! ( enabling goes both ways!!)
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black jacket I would say is true to size although if you're at the smaller end of a size or inbetween sizes, then size down. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Sorry - meant to say if you're an XS in Zara, then I'd go for the 8. Or the smallest size there is. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  12. So many lovely things here and am very very tempted......had I not been badly burned by Hush in the past. The worst customer service. Ever. But I might look for those lovely jumpers elsewhere! Enjoy bingo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that and I know they'd be really disappointed too. x

      Delete
  13. Oh, lots of lovely things for autumn... I did "replace" lots of clothes last year, so I will have to be a bit selective this autumn. Loving the grey, leather trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd never heard of Hush until I started reading your blog and have dipped my toe in with the harem pants and a couple of linen and an etoile T which am currently lugging round Malawi. Harems brilliant for keeping mossies at bay at night and T's for making you look like you didn't just buy a load of cheap Tees from Asda - they are v flattering (this from someone who never saw the point in paying for t shirts - now a convert!). I also found their customer service very good and returns quickly processed (no, I really didn't need 3 pairs of Harems). So I shall be dipping more toes in but will struggle to choose which I know as love most things. Btw isn't the world marvellous when I can plan my winter wardrobe and watch an antelope grazing at the same time. Have enjoyed keeping up with clothes musings whilst on the move during August Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd never heard of Hush until I started reading your blog and have dipped my toe in with the harem pants and a couple of linen and an etoile T which am currently lugging round Malawi. Harems brilliant for keeping mossies at bay at night and T's for making you look like you didn't just buy a load of cheap Tees from Asda - they are v flattering (this from someone who never saw the point in paying for t shirts - now a convert!). I also found their customer service very good and returns quickly processed (no, I really didn't need 3 pairs of Harems). So I shall be dipping more toes in but will struggle to choose which I know as love most things. Btw isn't the world marvellous when I can plan my winter wardrobe and watch an antelope grazing at the same time. Have enjoyed keeping up with clothes musings whilst on the move during August Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant, thank you for discount code, I was gutted when the onyx sold out last year, just a i had decided to take the plunge and invest in one! I've been looking at yours enviously ever since, needless to say I haven't made the same mistake twice! Ordered, with a handful of other goodies thrown in, oh my aching credit card....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kat, thanks for the code. I would love to buy the leather leggings but I am not sure of hush sizing. I am 10 in Boden trousers. What do you recommend 10 or 12?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of the Onyx jacket, but was disappointed to find that it was only in grey or black - both colours make me look like I have slept in a crypt! But the more I looked at the photos on the Hush site, the more I thought that maybe, just maybe there was a hint of blue in the grey....... still pondering on it a day later I read your post and found that it was true! Thanks Kat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I've seen it in the flesh and it's honestly a very very steely blue grey. Gorgeous colour.

      Delete
  19. I do love Hush, and buy 4-5 pieces every season, but the prices do seem to have hiked up quite a bit with this new collection. I loved the look of the Rachel trousers thinking they'd be £60-70, but £110? Eep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't know about their pricing policy.. I do know that most of their staple lines have varied very little in price though. I can't recall the Rachel trousers so I can't comment specifically on them, I'm so sorry. x

      Delete
  20. Hi Kat - fab blog - adore Hush! Am looking at the Claudia dress but am only 5'5 ... Normally take a 10 in Boden so wondering whether to take a 10 or 8 in the Claudia dress ..! Worried it might swamp me .. Any thoughts ?
    Ps bought the Me&Em embroidered silk blouse and love it !
    Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm if you normally take a 10, I would take a 10. It will fit fine on the top although you may have to get it taken up (very easy hem to take up) if you're not planning on wearing with heels... I definitely didn't find the 10 overly generous on the top. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Yes very helpful! I will try the 10 :-)

      Delete
    3. Received the dress today in a size 10 and it's fantastic! Too long but will take it up .. Wouldn't normally have gone for something like this so thanks !

      Delete
  21. Hi Kat, have been reading your blog for ages and want to say thank you for introducing me to Hush. I bought the Onyx jacket the first day it went on sale last year and have worn it and worn it. Cheers for the discount code. Harem pants ordered along with modal skirt and cami top. Could have bought so much more it’s a lovely looking collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're more than welcome! It's really hard to explain to people how fabulous the leather jacket is isn't it? So pleased you love it xx

      Delete
  22. Ooh I want it all but for the prices! So helpful to get some inside info too, have been sent another 10% off code so might just order a few things in the name of market research!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lisa Green (@littlepeagreen)Wednesday, 31 August, 2016

    Loving this post - just placed my order for the leather jacket and midi pleated skirt! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your talk over the summer at Port Elliot - thought about it now that Hush has a sale on. Whar a great brand.

    ReplyDelete